Cookie Dough Gooey Butter Bars

I found these on Pinterest a few weeks ago and have not been able to get my mind off of them. I even broke my cake mix rule for these, but I'd like to say it was worth it. I'm so glad I finally made them. I've made gooey butter cake (which I'll probably make again and put on here at some point) which is absolutely delicious, I love the gooey butter cookies from Macklin's, and anything cookie dough is automatically amazing. But put it all together and it's almost too good. You have to make them. You might need a glass of milk, but you will not regret it.

Cookie Dough Gooey Butter Bars- from Cookies and Cups
Ingredients
Base
1 box of yellow cake mix
½ cup of butter, melted
1 egg

Cookie Dough
½ cup of butter, room temperature
1 cup of light brown sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of flour
1 cup of chocolate chips

Gooey Butter
8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
⅓ cup of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 eggs
1½ cups of powdered sugar

Directions
Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray it. Preheat the oven to 325 for a glass pan or 350 for metal. To make the base, just mix all the things together in a bowl. In the off-chance that you forget to melt the butter before you mix it all up and you're like "wow what is this sandy mess?" (not me...) you can just nuke it for 30 seconds as long as you're using a microwave safe bowl. Once that comes together, use your hands and press it down into the pan in an even layer.

For the cookie part, cream the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the milk and vanilla, then the flour and salt. Last, stir in the chocolate chips. Spread this all over the base, leaving about a half inch around all the edges. Finally, for the top, cream the brown sugar and cream cheese. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Finally, mix the powdered sugar in, and pour this all over the top of the bars. Throw it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. It'll be done when it starts to look golden brown and the center is still a bit jiggly. Original directions say: "Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely, at least 2 hours." You can do that, but I had lots of people waiting to eat them, I had friends over and my parents did, too. So we didn't have two and a half hours to wait. I put them in the fridge until they were cool enough to eat, then we dug in. So they're still delish either way.

Reviews
I cannot say enough good things about these bars. They were seriously good. My dad said "Which do you find less embarassing, 'they're the shizzle' or 'they're the tits' because they're both." All friends present also enjoyed them. Seriously, make them right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caramel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats and Churros

Homemade Butter

Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake