Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes

For the first time in the history of Gutie's Goodies, Sarah has a guest writer! That would be me, Montana. I was honored when Sarah asked me to write a post for her lovely blog. Granted, it has taken me forever to actually write this, but with a newborn can you really blame me?

My 20th birthday was late June, and I asked Sarah if she would make me Boston cream cupcakes. I found the recipe myself here. It sounded pretty great to me. We made plans to make the cupcakes and go out to dinner to celebrate my first day of life. We baked together, which really means Sarah bakes, and I talk to her. I'm more of a taste tester. Why start breaking tradition now.
If you've ever had any of Sarah's creations, you'd know that she never fails to make a delicious treat. So, of course they were fabulous. The dark chocolate contrasted nicely with the sweet vanilla pudding. And they were tiny, so I didn't feel like a complete fatty when I ate all of them. I'd definitely have her make them again. Like I said, I'm no baker. Although I got her back into making cupcakes (sorry girl), I would say they were a complete success. And sometimes you just have to go back to your roots. I'm going to let Sarah take the reins on writing the recipe for ya'll since I did absolutely nothing besides inhale them. Also, you guys should totally check out my blog here!
Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes- only yields 6!
Ingredients
3 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
⅓ cup of sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon of vanilla
½ cup of flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of milk
Some vanilla pudding (make a batch, eat the rest)
½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup of heavy cream

Directions
It's such a small amount of stuff, so to be honest, I kind of just threw things on. First I creamed the butter, then I added the sugar. Next comes the egg and vanilla, all the dry ingredients, and finally the milk. That's about it. Fill 6 liners just about halfway and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350.

When they're nice and cool, cut out the center and pour in the pudding. To make the chocolate ganache, simmer the heavy cream (or if you're me you can nuke it for 40 seconds) and then pour it over the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and let the hot cream melt the chocolate. After about a minute, whisk it up into a smooth yummy sauce. Finally spoon the ganache over top of the cupcakes and you're done!

Review
Montana was the only one to eat these, as far as I know, and she liked them! I loved the convenience of only making 6 at a time. It's perfect for when you're having a craving for some sweets but don't want to make a whole batch of cupcakes or an entire cake. And they were yummy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caramel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats and Churros

Homemade Butter

Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake